In our last post we mentioned a question that we receive all the time. “Is now a good time to buy or sell a home?” Yes, home sellers are in a good position right now, but what about home buyers? Below, our North Raleigh Realtor has complied a list that shows that now is a great time for home buyers to act.
- Home values are rising, it’s important to act now, rather than waiting.
- Interest rates are so low! Even with the rise at the mid to end of last year, mortgage rates are still in the 4% range. Historically, the average interest rates for mortgage loans is 8.5%.
- Buyers can get more house for the money by buying now, while interest rates are low.
- Though a high credit score is important for getting a mortgage loan, it is loosening up.
- Jumbo mortgage rates are as low as conventional and much easier to qualify for.
- 100% financing is available to those who qualify.
- Tax Credits are available yearly, as long as you live in your home and have a mortgage.
- Short Sales are purchased in as little as a year now, as opposed to years as in the past.
Our North Raleigh Realtor Says Now is the Time to Buy a Home!
Now that the holidays are over, we can finally get back to focusing our efforts on the real estate market. 2014 should be better for home selling, as well as buying a home. If you’re interested in speaking with our North Raleigh Realtor about selling your home or buying a new one, contact us!