Does the housing market slow down during the months of August through January? It’s an age old question that many homeowners ask during this time of year. It seems as though, fall and winter are especially slow times for those wanting to sell their home. While it may be true in some cases, it’s not true in every case. Particularly if you consider the increase in home sales during the month of September 2014, you’ll realize that selling your home in Raleigh NC during fall and winter might actually be a great idea!
Below, you’ll find a few reasons why the housing market seems to slow during this time of year, and then sparks up again the following spring. Hopefully these facts will help you determine whether or not it’s time to consider selling your home in Raleigh NC!
Market Slow Down Facts | Selling Your Home in Raleigh NC
- Home sales visibly decline in August, right when the school year begins. Students are settling into their school routines so parents aren’t concerned with buying or selling homes.
- In the past 15 years, sales have dropped on average by 16.4% between September and August.
- In October, home buyers began searching for homes again and talking with Raleigh real estate agents about selling their homes in Raleigh NC.
- In November, home sales typically decline about 8%, due to the upcoming holiday madness and colder weather.
- There are fewer home showings in the evenings, when people get off work due to daylight savings.
- December shows that sales are lower historically than November. Shorter days and cold weather deters buyers and sellers from the market.
While all of these facts do point to a slowdown in the market, it’s still a great time to consider selling your home in Raleigh NC! To find out why, be sure to visit back with our Raleigh real estate agent! Our next blog post will explain why the market actually shows that it strengthens during fall and winter! You won't want to miss out on this information!
If you’re considering selling your home in Raleigh NC, contact Roark Premier Team, today! It's time to get started with the process of listing your home on the market! We guarantee to sell your home in 59 days or less! If we don’t, the listing fee is waived! So what are you waiting for? Call now! Our Raleigh real estate agent is standing by to help you get your home sold during one of the busiest times of the year for real estate!