Apex, NC Facts
Located in southwestern Wake County, the town of Apex is a suburb of Raleigh, North Carolina. It combines the perfect blend of small-town atmosphere with big-city convenience. In 2009,Forbes named Apex, North Carolina the “3rd Best Place to Move in the USA” and CNN Money ranked Apex, North Carolina in the top 50 of “Best Places to Live”!
- Area: 15.4 square miles
- Population (2010): 37,476
- Travel: Raleigh - 20 minutes
- Research Triangle Park - 22 minutes
- Raleigh Durham International (RDU) Airport - 25 minutes
As you can see, Apex NC Real Estate is a great choice for investment or family life alike! Consider this snapshot of the community when you are looking for homes for sale in Apex NC.
History of Apex, NC
Settled in 1867, Apex gained its name from being the highest point on the Chatham Railroad between Richmond, Virginia and Jacksonville, Florida. Historically, it has served as a hub for the forestry industry and later valuable farmland. Apex continues to grow as a thriving community because of its proximity to The Research Triangle Park and its unique blend of historical charm with modern convenience.
Community Features of Apex, NC
Not only can you find many quaint shops in historical downtown Apex, NC , but several large shopping centers feature major grocery and store chains in Beaver Creek Crossing, Haddon Hall Commons, Peakway Market Square and Olive Chapel Village.
There are 8 public schools in Apex, NC, and Peace Montessori School, St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School and Thales Academy offer other private schooling options in the area. NC State University, UNC at Chapel Hill, Duke University, and other technical colleges are just a short drive from Apex, NC.
Things to Do in Apex, NC
- The town of Apex, NC hosts many activities and yearly events for the whole family!
- The Halle Cultural Arts Center is the hub of the Apex, NC cultural scene. Concerts, performances, exhibits, and educational programs make the Halle a yearly kaleidoscope of artistic experiences.
- The Apex Historical Society hosts home tours and more of local historic homes.
- Local farmers and vendors in Apex, NC have many offerings at the Apex Farmers Market.
- Part of the US Bike Route 1 connects through Apex, NC and offers cyclists a scenic ride across the state.
- PeakFest is a yearly festival showcasing all that Apex, NC has to offer and is fun for everyone in the family!
- The Olde Fashioned Fourth of July is another yearly festival with many activities and a parade to celebrate!
Hear What Your Neighbors are Saying!
- Buck P.