Are you considering buying a home in Raleigh NC soon? If so, there's some interesting new information out there, released by RealityTrac concerning the best days to purchase a home. In our last post, we talked about the best days to buy a home in and around the Triangle area, but today, are going to focus on the best and worst days to buy nationally.
Best and Worst Months For Home Buyers
- The best month to close on the purchase of a home is October.
- Out of 2.7 million single-family home and condo sales over the last 15 years that closed in October, buyers realized an average discount of 2.6 percent below full estimated market value at the time of sale.
- Following October as best months to buy were February, July, December and January.
- The worst month to close on the purchase of a home is April, when buyers over the last 15 years have purchased at an average premium of 1.2 percent above estimated market value at the time of sale.
Best and Worst Weekdays For Home Buyers
- The best weekday to close on the purchase of a home is Monday.
- Out of 5.5 million single-family home and condo sales over the last 15 years that closed on a Monday, buyers realized an average discount of 2.3 percent below full estimated market value at the time of sale.
- Friday is the second-best weekday to close on a home purchase, and Thursday is the worst day of the week to buy a home, followed by Wednesday and Tuesday.
For more information about the best time of year to buy a home nationally, be sure to visit back next blog post for more information!
Several of these best time to buy dates are coming up soon! If you're interested in buying a home in Raleigh NC this fall or winter, consider talking with our agents! We are here to help you find the home of your dreams!
Roark Premier Team
Also, if you’re considering selling your home in Raleigh NC, it's time to act now! Contact Roark Premier Team today and get started with the process of listing your home on the market! We guarantee to sell your home in 59 days or less! If we don’t, the listing fee is waived!
Whatever your needs are, we are here to help! Just give us a call to schedule an appointment with our real estate agents!
If you missed our previous post, talking about the best days to buy a home in and around the Triangle area, visit back with that, here:
- Best Days to Buy a Home in the Triangle
- Best Days to Buy a Home Nationally
- Best Days to Buy a Home Nationally, Continued