The April 2015 RE/MAX National Housing Report that surveyed 53 metro areas, showed that home sales were up by 7 percent from March 2015. The survey also showed that sales were 6.5 percent above the mark set in April 2014! This is exciting news for our North Raleigh real estate team. It’s also big news for those thinking of selling their home this summer, as well!
Even more, April 2015 home sales were higher than they have been in any other month of April since 2008! According to the RE/MAX report, “This continued a three-month trend in which sales were higher than both the previous month and the same month in the previous year.”
We’ve been keeping our readers informed of the spring season for North Raleigh real estate and it looks to be getting stronger with every passing month! There were significant sales in March and April as proved to be better!
Take a look back at this year’s previous month’s sales, below if you missed them:
The RE/MAX National Housing Report also states the following:
- The first four months of 2015 have averaged a 4 percent increase month-over-month
- In April, 39 of the 53 metro areas surveyed reported higher sales on a year-over-year basis
- 20 of them saw increases in double-digits
- Inventory of homes for sales is 11.4 percent lower than one year ago, but, an increase of 2.3 percent was reported for March
- On a scale where 6 months indicates a balanced market between buyers and sellers, the month’s supply of inventory for April was 3.6
- The median sales price of a home sold in April saw an increase of 7.1 percent from the previous year at $203,500, just 0.2 percent below the median sales price in March
- The median sales price has risen for 39 consecutive months on a year-over-year basis
- Of the 53 metro areas surveyed, all but three reported higher sales prices than one year ago, with 15 rising by double-digit percentages.
- The average amount of days that all homes sold in April were on the market was 71
- Every month since March 2013, homes were on the market for less than 80 days, with January and February being the exception
An economy that’s improving every day, combined with lowering interest rates and motivated buyers, this summer is predicted to exceed expectations with home sales! Our North Raleigh real estate agent will continue to keep you updated each month on the previous month’s home sales. That way, you’ll be able to make an informed decision on whether or not it’s the right time for you to list your home on the market!
If you’re considering buying a home this summer, contact our North Raleigh real estate agent, today! It's time to get started with the process of searching for your dream home! Our agents are dedicated to working with you until your next home is found!