Choosing a season to sell your home can be difficult if not approached properly. There are several things that must be considered before making a decision. In our last blog post, we talked about how to choose a selling season. Today, our Raleigh real estate agent is going to focus on how to adapt your home for listing it in the spring. Playing up specific features can really help sell your home, no matter what time of year it is!
Below, you'll find a few questions you might want to ask yourself, before moving on:
- How quickly do you need to move? If you’re not in a hurry, don’t rush. If you need to move before school starts in the fall, it might be time to get on the move!
- Are you moving to accommodate your new job location? If so, you’ll need to sell ASAP.
- What season best suits the home you’re selling? If you have a pool, consider spring and summer. If the fireplace is the main feature of a living room, consider fall and winter. Use the features of your home to help with decision making.
If your home has a swimming pool or awesome backyard, spring and summer are going to be your best selling months. Why not take advantage of showing these coveted features off? There are several other ways to make your home more welcoming and attractive.
Spring Staging Tips | Raleigh Real Estate Agent
- Outside – This will be the first time potential buyers see your home. Make sure your yard is in perfect shape. If you need help, consider hiring a landscaping company to help keep the grass cut and weeded. Plant annuals and other gorgeous flowers that will add color to your exterior.
- Cleaning – Spring clean your home from top to bottom! A clean home is an impressive home. Don’t leave anything untouched!
- Closets – Clean your closets while you’re spring cleaning. Store winter clothing and shoes. De-cluttering your closets will help make the space appear larger. Prospective buyers will be able to see the space and envision their belongings in there.
- Entryway – This is the second most noticed part of your home, aside from the exterior of your home. Put down a new, spring inspired rug to help catch dirt and dust. Clean the front door and frame all the way around it. You may not notice how dirty it is, but buyers will.
- Fragrance – Have a few vases full of fresh cut flowers sitting around your home to bring in color and fragrance. At least set out floral smelling candles or incense to help your home feel more like spring.
- Color – Change out comforters, throws or pillows to reflect the season. Bright pops of color will lighten the overall feel of your home and invite buyers to envision decorating the home with their spring décor.
If you missed other blog posts in this series, be sure to visit with them, below: